An influx of digital multimeters (DMM) are widely available in the Malaysian market and online for testing voltages, currents, capacitances, resistances, and other parameters. Because of the way these devices have flooded the market, it has become difficult to determine which multimeter is suitable for users. Thus, it’s crucial for every buyer to take some measures and determine if the DMM they’re about to buy is high quality.
Below are 5 important factors every buyer should consider for them to buy the best digital multimeter in the market.
- Safety Measures When Using a Multimeter Because the device has a series of electrical equipment fixed in it, its safety features should be substantiated. The testing equipment should be given top priority, particularly when its circuit can relay more than 30V and high frequencies of current. Therefore, the use of banana plugs and internal blast shields should be highly considered on such occasions to prevent potential damage from massive shock. The DMM should also have wide flanges to help users slide their fingers seamlessly along the insulation area. The flanges also protect people from exposing themselves to fatal electric current hazards.
- Top Features to Look for in a Multimeter Some of the features found in many multimeter devices are mandatory while others are optional. All digital multimeters have an LCD screen and backlight features for use in the dark. The most basic DMM usually have basic functionalities, such as the readings of I, V and R. The highly advanced ones contain enhanced features such as capacitance, frequency calculation, and duty cycle. Others can articulate temperature readings in either Celcius or Fahrenheit scales.
- Brand of the Multimeter Many times, the quality of a product is highly determined by the reputation of its brand. Buyers should buy a DMM device whose brand has a striking reputation for creating authentic and high-quality products that people love. That’s why some search for a best-selling brand around their areas. At least this way, people would be sure they’re buying a long-lasting and authentic product that’s value for their money.
- Digital Multimeter Accuracy Users should ensure the DMM they’re about to buy is accurate at all times. The accuracy of a multimeter is the maximum permissible error limit observed in the readings. Before buying, users should have their DMM tested first to ensure its readings are accurate beyond any doubt.
- Multimeter Pricing The price at which a product is being sold tells much about the merchandise. The price of a multimeter should be reasonable and realistic depending on its brand, features, and quality of the device. Users should compare prices first with other sellers to truly determine the actual price of the DMM they want to buy.
With the high demand of digital multimeters in the market, it has become very challenging and tricky to purchase a quality DMM. The market seems to have been flooded with dubious and fake products, which many people grab only to be disappointed in the end. Before buying a digital multimeter in Malaysia, users should ensure the device they’re about to buy is authentic and high quality. They should also ensure the device is working properly, it comes from a reputable brand, and has impeccable features. More importantly, the 5 top factors shared in this guide should help every potential buyer at least purchase a quality DMM every time they’re shopping.
It’s a treat for any biker to be able to take their wheels out for an adventure. Because cycling through the city can get boring really fast, a lot of cyclists try their luck with the great outdoors, discovering new terrain and enjoying a wholesome journey along the way. Of course, before you can take your bike out for an adventure, it would be wise to go prepared. Find out what 5 essential biking tools you should have in tote for your journey to keep yourself ready for the worst and safe at all times by checking out this short list.
- Floor Pump
Aside from potentially suffering a flat while you’re out on your trip, you should keep in mind that the rubber that makes up bike wheels is rather porous. Over time, the wheels will naturally lose some of its air, making them less efficient at gliding over the different surfaces and terrains you might ride on. Be sure to buy a bicycle pump and keep your wheels at just the right pressure for a problem-free ride.
- Chain Lubricant
If you’re riding in extreme outdoor conditions that are wet or muddy, you might want to have some chain lubricant in tote. This will keep metal to metal contact smooth and friction free, eliminating the chances of snagging together when rust or other debris build up and cause tension. This also helps to reduce any noises your bike might make such as squeaky pedals and chains.
- Tire Levers
The only way to fix a flat would be to remove the bike tire from the rim. Some like to do it manually with their bare hands, but this proves to be not only a dangerous feat, but also a troubling one. Having a set of tire levers in your tool case will make it easier for you to resolve a flat without having to wear your hands out trying to remove the tire from the rim.
- Hex Keys
Commonly seen as an essential for any bike rider, hex keys act as multipurpose screw drivers that can adjust, loosen, and tighten any bike component that might need repair during your ride. Be sure to have a 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, and 10 millimeter variant with you so you have something for every sort of problem you might encounter along the way.
A multitool will cover virtually any problem you might come across while riding your bike, so be sure to have one hooked to your belt at all times. This will make it easier for you to fix up any minor and even a few major problems while you’re mid-ride, and will prevent you from having to ditch your bike and hitch a ride when things get a little too serious.
Don’t go out without the right tools in tote. Be sure to carry these 5 bike riding essentials with you before you head out for your big outdoor adventure so you can enjoy a problem-free ride.
Valentine’s Day is the season to ignite the flame of romance and sprinkle a dash of spice into your relationship. While some love stories are filled with chocolates and rose petals, other happily-ever-afters comprise chapters of unforgettable adventures. If you and your significant other are the adventurous type and are planning a romantic Valentine’s date in Malaysia, here are three great ideas to get things started.
- Mountain Biking
Blessed with magnificent nature landscape, Malaysia is a romantic destination to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Surprise your loved one with a fun mountain biking trip at scenic spots such as Taman Bukit Kiara, Kelubi Hill, and Mount Jerai Downhill. This is an unconventional idea for Valentine’s Day, and preparation is essential to make this trip extra special. Whether you’re looking for trail bikes or all-mountain bikes, there is a selection of mountain bikes in Malaysia that are available for cycling enthusiasts.
- Nature Hiking
Imagine hiking up to the peak of Broga Hill and be greeted by a beautiful sunrise with your girlfriend or boyfriend in your arms. Transform this romantic experience into a Valentine’s Day to remember by organizing a hiking trip for two. From Ketumbar Hill to Saga Hill, Malaysia is brimming with scenic hiking trails to embrace a quiet moment together. To take it further, we recommend rounding up this dreamy date with a lovely picnic breakfast.
Ask anyone what their adventure of a lifetime would be and they’re likely to say skydiving. It takes a wave of bravery and fearlessness to enjoy the adrenaline-infused descent from 10,000 feet above the ground, but having your beau by your side will make this experience a memorable one. Johor and Langkawi are two destinations in Malaysia where you can explore the vast skies with the assistance of qualified skydiving instructors.
Whether you’re looking for an audacious nature escapade or a unique skydiving experience to jazz up your Valentine’s Day, there are plenty of adventurous activities waiting for you in Malaysia. At the end of the day, always remember that it is the companion you’re with, not the experience, which truly counts.