When sending crafts you’ve made to any point of the globe, it is very important to pack it properly. This way, the contents are secured and will not be damaged during transit. Moreover, your parcel will not be easily tampered with when it is tightly packed. This also applies to items that are fragile in nature such as glass or anything that uses thin plastic containers. If you are going to send fragile items through a forwarding company, the best way to secure it inside the box is by using EPE foam.
What is an EPE Foam?
EPE stands for expanded polyethylene. This is produced by blowing heat, pressure, and a special chemical agent in an autoclave. The produced material can be shaped into any form. EPEs are highly durable, lightweight, and recyclable. The foremost application of this material is for insulation. Another application for EPEs is padding for securing parcels.
How to Properly Pack Your Parcel
There are many ways to secure your parcel. Every person has his own preferred way of doing it. However, in order to truly secure the contents inside, you must know how to pack them like a professional.
Here are steps on how you can secure your parcel without worry:
- Place a tiny foam inside the box. This will serve as the under layer of the item to be shipped.
- Neatly wrap your item using bubble wrap, then place it inside the box. This will provide your item an extra layer of protection.
- Fill the remaining space of the box with EPEs, and then close it. This will become the top layer for the item inside just in case the box turns upside down while being delivered.
- Secure the opening of the box with a packaging tape. Do the same under the box.
- Place a sticker in one of the sides of the box with message indicating “this side up”. Drawing an arrow pointing upwards will help a lot.
It pays to know how to properly secure your parcel. Most unsecured parcels tend to get damaged while in transit because the protection placed inside the box is not enough to withstand tremendous pressure. Or sometimes they get damaged because the items have been packed too loosely inside. By doing the steps mentioned above, you can be sure that the recipient will get their craft items without any kind of damage.