Hosting a web server for mid-size companies is an integral part of business growth. This can be challenging because a web server of any company needs to be assured that it’s fully functioning at all times. Server colocation is simply a way of preparing a full-fledged server together with its software and hardware, and installing it in a data centre with all its essential facilities and infrastructure. Hence a server colocation is vital where companies want something more than just web hosting to streamline its services. Here are a few server colocation tips to get you started on the right track.
1) Know your server requirements. You need first to consider the essential requirements needed to setup the web server with all its components. The number of server units, type of server operating system, RAID hard drives, Database and RAM requirements is some of the big factors you need to choose wisely. Determine the most important components your web server needs before you even think of a colocation service. This way, you’ll be on the right track to finding a reputable web server that can cater for all your needs.
2) Look for an adequate power backup facility. It is important to ensure the service provider you’re working with has an adequate power backup system. Failure to observe this can cause a fatal downtime error due to power failure, which any company can’t afford to risk.
3) Choose a Firewall and WPN service which supports remote connectivity. Make sure the server colocation service you’re about to work with backup your server with a convenient Firewall and VPN facility. Price will often vary depending on the number of rules articulated, like whether their VPN supports remote coverage or not.
4) Check for emergency data backup size and frequency. The company you’re using should offer adequate data backup storage and perform data backup check-ups frequently. Data backup is a crucial task; hence you need to ensure the company has sufficient space to render that particular purpose.
5) Consider the number of load balancing servers. When a site’s traffic continues to increase, it’s important to have some balancing servers which control the massive workload. Make sure the number of load balancing servers you choose can serve the needs of clients efficiently, even as their numbers multiply.
6) Look for high bandwidth with strong burstable bandwidth provision. In fact, this is among the most prime areas you need to be more vigilant on all the time. Depending on your site’s traffic and the kinds of services rendered by your site, bandwidth size may vary. Always choose sufficient bandwidth specs with a strong burstable bandwidth provision.
7) Search for an effective IP monitoring facility. One of the top web server facilities to look out for is an IP monitoring system. This feature provides much enhanced security and provides you with a more versatile and convenient way to track site traffic.
All in all, server colocation is vital for any mid-size company that’s seeking a more efficient and reliable web hosting. Do some research first and think carefully of the requirements that can benefit your company before colocating your server. Around Malaysia, you can easily find a variety of reputable server colocation services tailored for your business needs. Give them a try sometime to experience fast and efficient web hosting that makes a huge difference.