Skin care is no longer a woman’s thing. If you still perceive skin care regimens to be a feminine thing, it’s time to change that perception. Your woman might actually be wondering how to tell you to take care of your skin because it might be too rough, full of pimples or blemishes.
True, you might not have learned how to take care of your skin when growing up, but times have changed. It might be intimidating at first, but you’d don’t have to go too hard when it comes to skin care. You can start by using a simple face cream for men to improve your appearance.
Why men should use face creams
Makes you more attractive
Attractive skin does not come magically. Most people with skin with good looking skin take the effort to make it appear so.Taking care of your skin can reduce blemishes, acne, or the appearance of scars. Skin care regimens can make your skin smoother and completely fade away dark spots.The right remedy can also brighten, clear up acne and smoothen your skin. If you want the ladies to start turning their heads whenever you happen to pass by, start taking care of your skin today and you’ll notice the difference.
To keep your skin looking younger
Applying a face cream can make you look younger than you are by making you look 10 or more years younger. Some skin care creams contain antiaging properties that make your skin suppler making it appear plumper. Some products also stimulate collagen which is essential for giving way for newer and fresher skin. From time to time, your skin needs to shed the old cells to give way for newer ones hence the need for skin care products. If you have fines lines and wrinkles, you might find that taking care of your skin can help reduce them or avoid them from appearing.
Makes you look responsible
Bad-looking skin might depict neglect and carelessness. Your skin’s condition is the first thing that someone notices when they look at you. A good cream can dramatically improve your appearance which might show that you take time to look good. Not using a face cream, on the other hand, can make your skin appear lousy a thing that might display neglect.
A woman might feel safe to date or get married to a man who takes care of his skin because it depicts responsibility. If you take time to give your skin some TLC, you will be portraying a character of being a good partner.
Protection against sun damage
The sun is essential for the synthesis of vitamin D. Vitamin D helps to absorb calcium which is vital to the growth of healthy bones. Calcium is especially crucial for growing kids and older citizens as it prevents osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a condition where the bones become too weak and brittles and, therefore, prone to breaking even after simple falls.
As important as the sun is, it can sometimes have some adverse effects on the skin. The sun contains UVB and UVA that can be harmful to the skin. Harmful sun rays can cause;
- Certain types of skin cancer
- Premature aging of the skin
It’s therefore essential to use sunscreen lotions or creams that contain SPF or sun protection factor. A quality face cream for men that works well is the Facial Fuel SPF 15 Energizing Moisture Treatment for Men. The cream does the following for your skin;
The non-oily cream is rich in vitamins and antioxidants that protect your skin against sun and environmental damage. The moisturizer also accelerates recovery from skin damage leaving your skin looking and feeling invigorated.
Make you look healthy
Good skin is an indicator of good health. When you’re dehydrated, malnourished or tired, your skin will be the first one to tell you that you need to give it some attention.
It, therefore, pays to apply a face cream which can make you more attentive to your skin’s condition at all times. Paying close attention to the changes in your skin can help you realize when it’s time to see a doctor to rule out a severe disease.
Moisturizes your skin
Every day, your skin is prone to harmful pollutants from the environment. Sun exposure and sweating draws out moisture from your skin, which leaves it looking dry and flaky. Dry skin tends to accentuate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Applying hydrating serums and moisturizing creams and lotions can leave your skin supple. The serums, lotions, and creams work by adding moisture to dry areas, wrinkles, and fine lines, making it look fuller and hydrated.Besides applying face creams, incorporate the following to make give you better-looking skin;
- Drink 2 liters of water as it helps your skin stay hydrated. Aim to drink more if you like in the tropics or dry areas.
- Avoid oily and deep-fried foods as the oil will end up on your skin clogging your skin pores
- Always wear a wide-brimmed hat whenever you’re out in the sun to protect your face from sun damage. Always remember to apply sunscreen even when wearing a hat.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables as they contain antioxidants and fiber that helps excrete waste products
Leave common misconceptions about which gender should take care of their skin in the 20s. Start applying face cream for men today and begin noticing a younger, moisturized and healthy looking skin. The creams can also make you more attractive, and responsible.
Children these days love technology. There’s nothing wrong with it, as long as you set some rules in gadget usage. But we parents, also want our kids to have a world outside of YouTube and kiddie apps.
Luckily, there are some fun kids activities in Kuala Lumpur that will keep your young ones excited! The bonus part is that these parks will bring your entire family closer. Ready for some park hunting? Check out these seven interesting kid-friendly places all over KL:
Address: Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur City Centre
Located right in the heart of the business district, the park has a wading pool and slides specially made for kids. There are also climbing structures for your little ones. While letting your kids enjoy at the big playground, you can relax and just enjoy the greenery. It is also a good opportunity to take some photos because the place offers a nice view of the Twin Towers.
Address: 6, Lorong Titiwangsa, Titiwangsa
Bring your children close to nature in this large recreational park. There is so much you can do here, from jogging to paddleboat-riding. There is a lot of options so you don’t have to worry about the children going bored. They also have a horse riding facility and a place for kayaking.
KL Bird Park
Address: 920, Jalan Cenderawasih, Perdana Botanical Gardens
Taking your kids to an aviary is the best way to learn about Malayan natives and exotic birds. Although there is a very large net enclosure, the birds can still fly around freely. What’s nice here is you can see the birds up-close. In case the children got hungry after the two-hour birdwatching, you can bring them in the restaurant inside this 20-hectare public aviary. The Hornbill Restaurant also has child-friendly meals such as French Fries, chicken chop, as well as fish and chips.
KL Lake Gardens Park
Address: Jalan Parlimen, Kuala Lumpur
Also known as the Tun Abdul Razak Heritage Park, this one is the place to go to for a quiet moment with your kids. Give your kids some trivia and tell them that it’s the oldest public recreational park in Kuala Lumpur. The entire place is pretty much inviting even for young ones because there is a huge playground. It is spacious enough for families who want to go on a picnic by the lake.
Berjaya Times Square Theme Park
Address: No. 09-103, 9th Floor, Berjaya Times Square, No.1, Jalan Imbi
Indoor parks are definitely the best option when the weather isn’t friendly enough. One of the well-known theme parks is the Berjaya Times Square. It is in fact, the largest indoor theme park in Malaysia. Currently, there are already 14 rides available. Adults and big children should go try the Supersonic Odyssey roller coaster which is amazingly 800 meters long. Younger ones must see the majestic world of Fantasy Garden.
Kepong Metropolitan Park
Address: Jalan Lingkaran Tengah 2, Kepong Metropolitan Lake-garden
Thinking of flying some kites with your little ones? The Kepong Metropolitan Park is definitely the place to go! This park is big enough you can cycle all you want. There are bike rentals already available so you don’t have to worry about bringing your own bike.
KidZania Kuala Lumpur
Address: Curve NX, Mutiara Damansara
For kids who are fond of role-playing, there’s the KidZania right across KL. While your children are playing like chefs, doctors, or firemen, you can keep yourself occupied at the Parents Lounge. They offer a WiFi and you may also participate in some of their activities for adults.
Have you planned your mini get-away with your little ones? When going out with the kids, don’t forget to pack on some extra clothes. When you have babies and toddlers, extra diapers and baby wipes are a must! Most importantly, just take things slow and have fun.
Are you wondering whether Optometry is the best course to study in college? No doubt, trying to decide on what to study can be confusing, and this article will give you some insights concerning optometry.
What is Optometry and Vision Science?
Optometry and vision studies involve learning how to examine, and diagnosis of optical issues. After studying optometry, you stand a chance working as a certified optometrist in either of the following places;
- Teaching optometry science in universities, colleges, research institutions, etc.
- Working as a qualified optometrist in either a public or private hospital
- Opening your optometry practice where you can create jobs for others
Why an optometry and vision course could be the right choice for you?
Being an optometrist means helping in eradicating loss of sight.
Do you feel sad when you see a blind person? If you always end up wondering whether a doctor could have prevented the loss of sight, this might be the right course for you.
An article on https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov reveals a joint venture by the International Agency for the Prevention of blindness and World Health Organization.
The two organizations came together to establish a blindness-related worldwide initiative dubbed Vision 2020. The joint venture focused on eliminating impaired vision and preventable blindness actively through community healthcare activities.
A more in-depth look at the article reveals that there’s a significant world population that suffers from avoidable blindness. Statistics according to the report are as follows;
- 5% of child blindness occurring in developed countries is preventable
- Most of the avoidable blindness goes uncorrected, which is devastating
- Developing countries have also reported about 25% of preventable blindness, with Australia being the leader.
As a qualified optometrist, you will be part of amending the terrible blindness menace. Therefore, no child or adult will ever have to suffer due to blindness.
Most optometrists enjoy career longevity.
Unlike most professions, there’s no retirement cap for optometrists unless of course, it’s by choice. You can, therefore, practice for the rest of your life, helping people regain their sight.
An optometry career in Malaysia is financially rewarding.
Besides having a deep passion in any field of study, it’s also paramount to earn a decent living. Obtaining a good salary means that you can be able to sustain your livelihood and support your family.
Once you’re comfortable salary-wise you can be able to do what you love doing most; your job. You can also pay back your student loans if any, to help you proceed with your life, debt-free.
An optometrist in Malaysian earns from RM137, 962 (MYR) to RM256, 508 (MYR), depending on the level of experience. The salary can provide a pretty decent livelihood in Malaysia.
Short study duration
If you think that you’ll need to study for a lengthy period to start a career in optometry, you’re wrong. A typical Optometry and Vision Science course only last four short years.
Within the four years, you’ll have equipped yourself with the following areas of study;
- Optical Practice
- Vision Science
- Basic science Essentials
- Specialty and General Optometry practices
The above studies will prepare you for the real world, to enable you to practice with the highest degree of professionalism.
Before you enroll for an Optometry and Vision Science class, ensure that you do so in a reputable institution. The institution must have certified and qualified teaching personnel, and must also have a learning approach that is student and industry-centered. Also, ensure that the school has well maintained and up to date facilities and study equipment.
Being just within reach of Subang Jaya, Kuala Lumpur, Petaling Jaya and Shah Alam, Subang is a frequented suburb in the State of Selangor. There are a ton of places to explore such as the Ciangin Waterfall, Cijalu Waterfall and the Blanakan Crocodile Farm.
But after visiting these places, the next best thing to do is to fill yourself up with great food! If you want to taste good food while simply chilling out, you should visit quaint cafes in and around Subang. There are several of these types just around Hotel Subang. Here are the top ones:
- Asia Café – located right across Taylor’s University in SS15, Subang, Asia Café is frequently packed with tourists and college students, which says a lot. It is an open air food complex which features affordable cuisines of various cultures. It is actually considered a hawker center, offering an assortment of food inspired from Japanese, Chinese, Singaporean and of course Malaysian cuisine.
- The Street Café – located at Jalan SS15, this café serves authentic Korean food. This Halal restaurant was put up by a Korean who had the foresight that K-pop would also be popular in this side of the world. K-pop fans would be delighted to visit this two-floor café which has been featured in several TV shows and magazines.
- Meeples European Boardgame Café – also located at Jalan SS15, Meeples is a unique café in that it does not only serve food and coffee, they also have European board games at hand to encourage customers to play. This is a great place to visit if you want to forget about your online social life for a while and instead live in the moment. They are also Malaysia’s largest provider of designer board games and accessories. They charge only RM 6 per hour of using the board games. Finger foods and various non-alcoholic drinks are available.
- Grafa Café – if you’re looking for a quirky café for yuppies, Grafa Café is the one for you. Making use of mismatched furniture and cozy lighting, guests would surely feel relaxed and enticed at the same time. The café offers a mix of Asian and Western cuisine to fit every diner’s palate.
- The Shire Café – located at Sri Petaling, The Shire is a great place for Lord of the Rings fans. The name of the restaurant itself came from the name of the quaint little village where the Hobbits live – the Shire. The café is a warmly lit place with a drawing of a map of the Middle Earth in one wall, and a drawing of Bilbo’s home in another.
- Smoking Skeleton Café – if you’re really into coffee, Sleketon Café is the place for you. Located in One Space at One City, the café is proud of its award-winning baristas. Their latte art is not something to be missed.
- Kong Restobar – if you’re looking for comfort food, Kong Restobar is the king. A casual place to hang out and dine, the restaurant offers a range of burgers, sausages and pasta. The recipes are typical favorites, with some added twist by Chef Kong Kel Vin. The place houses quirky artworks and even some dartboards to pass the time while waiting for the food to arrive.
- Avgust Café – known for baking their own cakes and bread, this café is the go-to place for people who love their carbs. Aside from cakes and coffee, they also serve luscious pasta and steaks.
- Hype Concept Café – if tea is your thing, this café is for you as it serves a great selection of T2 tea from Australia. This place is also frequented by millenials due to its shabby chic style. They offer a huge selection of pastries and cakes that change daily.
Experiencing a place won’t be complete if you don’t taste the food. You can visit luxurious and huge restaurants, but it’s the charming little cafes that will give you not only great food, but also appealing ambience that would make you want to stay.
Did you know that eating healthy can help you achieve optimum health throughout your life? A lot of people go to a gym in Malaysia to lose weight, but they forget about a balanced diet. Exercise is crucial for your physical and mental wellbeing, but so is a sensible diet.
Reasons why you must eat a healthy diet
To keep diseases at bay
Diseases love unhealthy bodies. If you don’t eat a balanced diet, your body will be a host for disease-causing free radicals. The following are disease that you’re likely to get as a result of poor diet;
- Frequent colds and flu – Consuming insufficient fruits and vegetables
- Obesity – Overeating of fatty and starchy foods
- Cardiovascular diseases – Consuming too much starch and fatty foods
- Cancer – Lack of fruits and vegetables and consuming too many processed foods
- Diabetes – Overeating of sugary and processed foods and not eating enough fruits, wholegrains, and water.
For provision of energy
Proteins and carbohydrates contain calories that your body needs to function. Every time you consume food, your body breaks it down into glucose, which provides energy that is essential for;
- Performing day to day activities like walking
Tips for choosing the right foods for energy
Opt for complex carbohydrates like whole grains, brown rice, nuts, whole meal bread, etc. Processed foods like white bread, white rice, etc. contain empty calories that don’t have any benefit to the body.
When it comes to proteins, go for lean meat instead cuts that have too much fat, chicken, fish, etc.
Use honey and sweeteners like stevia or syrup to sweeten your beverages instead of using white sugar. White sugar is also a primary cause of diseases like tooth decay, diabetes, cancer, etc.
Always use healthy fats like olive, coconut, canola, etc. to prepare your food as opposed to lard.
Going to the gym in Malaysia to lose weight will not cut it if your diet is deficient. The quality and quantity of the food that you eat will determine your weight. Quality food means a balanced diet that contains the essential nutrients.
The quantity, in this case, refers to the portions of food that you take. If you have a habit of overeating, your body will store most of the food as fat.
Eating small portions of food throughout the day, on the other hand, increases your metabolism. A high metabolism means that your body is digesting more food and storing very little as fat.
Do not starve yourself during portion control as that could also be a problem to your body. Too little food can predispose you to diseases like;
- Chronic fatigue
Visit a health center and have the clinician check your BMI or Body Mass Index. The clinician will then refer you to a dietician, for advice on what portions of food are ideal for you.
Believe it or not but a proper diet can determine your mental state. Foods rich in antioxidants, omega 3 and even starch can help clear metal fog and improve your moods too.
A person that eats a healthy diet is not likely to suffer from anxiety and depression. A person that consumes an unhealthy diet, on the other hand, usually is irritable, anxious and stressed.
Strong teeth and bones
Inadequate calcium levels in your body can cause osteoporosis, a condition that causes your bones to fracture easily. Your teeth are also likely to be weak if you don’t eat foods rich in calcium. Foods rich in calcium are milk, yogurt, cheese, etc.
A sensible diet is essential for your wellbeing. Remember to incorporate exercise into your diet by visiting a gym in Malaysia. That way, your body will be in tip-top shape.