Wealth is a financial measure that is not easily attained by many. The path to financial freedom is often rooted in perseverance, determination, tenacity, and hard work. Self-made billionaires and industry leaders often embody these traits and the founder and executive chairman of Alibaba Group; Jack Ma is one of them. Having recorded the largest IPO in US history, Jack Ma is now synonymous to the title ‘the richest man in China.’ Today, his advice have turned into philosophies that are adopted by people who want to create value in private financing and wealth management in Malaysia and abroad. Over the years, Jack Ma has taught many lessons on money management and here are some of them.
- With great luxury comes greater responsibility
Almost everyone is imbued with a false perception that having billions in your bank account equates to luxury and glamor. ‘When you have more than one billion dollars or a hundred million dollars, that’s a responsibility you have—it’s the trust of people on you because people believe you can spend money better than the others’ Jack Ma once said. Do your part in your society by investing on goodwill projects, corporate social responsibility, and research development.
- Seize every opportunity that knocks on your door
In the realm of business, no opportunities are too small or too big. Jack Ma is a man who believes in seizing and investing on ventures that guarantee profitable turnover and bright future. If there’s a business prospect that resonates with your passion and ideas, don’t be afraid to take it up and push it to its fullest potential.
- Capitalize on your youth
‘If you’re still poor at 35, it’s your fault!’ That has become the wake-up statement that shakes up every entrepreneur and business like minds to the core. Your decade of youth is the best time to capitalize on your imagination, ambition, and vigor. Make mistakes and learn from them. Sprint ahead and chase your dream. Then, reap the rewards that you sow when you turn 35.
- Never price your worth as free
In this day and age, free lunches are non-existent, and Jack Ma agrees when he said ‘free is the most expensive word.’ Every tasks and project on your table require your precious time and valuable effort. Instead of promoting your business with the promise of free things, acknowledge your worth and earn your followings by pricing them right. By building your reputation this way, you will gain respect and loyal following in return.
Managing your wealth successfully in Malaysia requires an altered perspective about money and finances. Founder of Alibaba Group, Jack Ma is an example that anyone can take on the path to success. To mirror his achievements into your personal wealth management, embrace Jack Ma’s advice at heart such as capitalizing on your youth and seizing every opportunity that knocks on your door.
This Valentine’s Day is the best time for you to show your husband how much you love him without saying anything. Instead, let your actions do the talking! Sometimes, action speaks louder than words. And if your husband is the kind of man who responds better through a series of actions instead of talking about things, this could be a great opportunity for you to show him how much you love and appreciate him. Try these six simple yet thoughtful ways:
- Cook his favorite food. It’s true that the fastest way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. Cooking his favorite food is the easiest and most effective way for you to earn his love! Cook him healthy meals that will not only benefit his health but also his skin. If his favorite food is not of the healthy kind, find ways to substitute the ingredients with healthier ones.
- Do small gestures. Small gestures are so powerful in expressing your feelings toward your husband. They can include things like helping him wear his tie, clip his nails off, shave, or even bring him lunch every once in a while. Helping your husband to groom is a sweet and romantic way to bond when you’re alone together. Whenever he’s busy or is having a rough day, your effort in doing him a favor, no matter how small, will definitely help him to get through the day.
- Give him a back rub or massage. Surprise your husband by giving him a back rub or massage! This can help him to ease down when he’s home from work. Put on a relaxing music, light up some aroma therapy in the bedroom, prepare a pot of hot green tea, and have body oil ready for your husband once he’s settled from work. Try to massage the areas that trouble him the most.
- Go on a date night. Sometimes a date night serves as a quick antidote to routine and boredom. Plan a fun date night that the two of you will enjoy. If you’re planning on watching a movie, pick a movie that he’s eager to watch. Book a table at his favorite restaurant for a romantic dinner.
- Do things of his interest. Every once in a while, you can try indulging in activities of his interest, like watching a football match. Surprise him with a VIP ticket to his favorite band’s concert, or take him for a spin at your local go-kart track.
- Book him a facial treatment. Just like women, men need to take good care of their skin as well in order to look good and appear youthful. Help your husband maintain his good looks by booking him a facial treatment for men. Find out what type of skin he has and book a session that suits his skin type. If you’re feeling extra generous, you can get him a complete spa experience that includes full body massage and sauna.
You don’t have to buy your husband expensive gifts just to show him how much you love and appreciate him. Simple yet thoughtful gestures speak volumes about how you truly feel for him. If he’s observant, he’ll notice and realize that all the small things you do for him are for his benefit and wellbeing. Figure out what he likes the most and do something that relates to it.
Cycling is a truly refreshing and liberating experience, enjoyed by people of all ages across the world. Malaysia, in particular, is a hotbed of cyclist fans who visit the place every year to experience the magical beauty of the country. On the other hand, it’s important to make sure that you’re a fit cyclist to make your road bike trip super-exciting and more fun. Below are 4 awesome cycling tips beginners should use to make their bike trip around Malaysia a worthy splurge.
- Buy the right bike
When planning a good and reinvigorating cycling trip, it’s important to ensure you pick and purchase the right bike. Different bikes offer different road trip experiences, so it’s important to choose a bike that better fits your needs. Mountain bikes are deemed to provide a smooth cycling experience, every time you want to stay fit and spectacle the country’s sweeping attractions. Its gears are very effective, easy to find and replace, which means nothing can stop you from getting to any destination. Wondering where to get mountain bikes in Malaysia? The country is dotted with a variety of convenient bicycle shops where you can grab a mountain bike that suits your needs. Make sure to give it a test drive first to ensure it’s in good shape before buying.
- Get Fit
For most people, cycling is an effective form of exercise in their everyday lives .Shorter, harder rides as well as longer but less nerve-wracking tasks are deemed to boost cycling recovery speeds. This is important to keep you riding quicker for longer, which means your body would be able to cover longer trails than before. Similarly, adding a healthy meal to your fitness regime that’s high in protein and starch would really help store your body’s energy. This means your body’s stamina and cycling episodes would last longer over the long haul.
- Take short breaks
For your body to cycle longer and harder, it’s necessary to hold short breaks in between cycling sessions. Resting gives the body time to adjust and recover, hence prepares you for the next ride. As your body slowly adapts to this routine, that’s when you realise your performance and technical abilities improve every day.
- Make cycling a habit
The most effective way to make sure your cycling challenge becomes better every day is by making cycling a habit. Make your bike a first and top priority, among the many different means of transport you use every day. Cycle to work, school, and any other place that gives you much joy. Within a short time, you’d be surprised to find the stamina you’ve garnered to cover long and steep terrains you always dreamt pursuing.
There are many ways in which people can admire and indulge in all the breathtaking attractions in Malaysia—and cycling around is one of them. Some people like to ride about for fun; others like to ride about to stay fit and healthy. Whatever your reasons are, it’s best to ensure you’re fit to cycle around so that your biking tour can become a refreshing and pleasant affair. Follow the amazing beginner cycling tips shared in this guide to ensure you’re safe and your road bike trip becomes something to cherish every day.
As soon as you’re done with your SPM, you’re likely to be bombarded with questions like “what are you going to do with your life?” or “where will you be studying at?” Many people at your age haven’t figured out what they want to do with their lives, so you’re not alone. Take this time to enjoy your youth, and explore what you like to do as much as you can. If you’re still unsure of what you’re interested in, check out these five best reasons to choose a pre-university course:
- Improve your English If your English language skills need some brushing up, a pre-U course could be the perfect platform for you to polish your skills. Your college or university will have a different, more diverse environment which allows for better communication between your peers and faculty members and gives you the chance to converse in English. There’ll be people from all walks of life with different levels of English skills, so don’t hesitate to improve it. Unlike speaking English at your school, you won’t be mocked if you try to improve your language skills at your college or university.
- Have the flexibility to choose modules or subjects
Unlike high schools where everything is dictated by the authority, you’ll have more autonomy when you do a pre-U programme. Most pre-U programmes allow for flexibility when it comes to choosing the subjects or modules of your liking, and you also get to decide whether you want to attend classes held in the afternoon or evening. This is perfect if you hate waking up early in the morning!
- ‘Test-drive’ a particular course
Pre-U programmes require you to choose a pathway so you’ll be able to take specific subjects of your choice. However, you may discover that the course isn’t the right one for you during your programme, making it easier for you to transfer or switch courses. Doing so at a pre-U level is cheaper and less complicated compared to finding out what you don’t like during a degree course.
- Have the freedom to apply to any international university
Depending on your pre-U programme, you may be able to apply to any international university in countries such as the UK, the US, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand – the top countries most Malaysian students would choose to go to. If you aspire to study in a particular country, make sure your pre-U programme is based on the country’s learning methods.
- Get the grades needed
If you have some idea of what you want to do when you enter the workforce, you’ve probably figured out which degree course to take. However, you may not meet the minimum entry requirements for the course, and this is where a pre-U qualification comes in handy. It helps you to get the grades you need in order to pursue the degree course of your choice. It also helps you prepare for challenging subjects so you’ll get used to how demanding the course will be.
In addition to specific subjects such as communications, business, law, sciences, or accounting, all pre-U programmes include MQA subjects like Moral Studies and Malaysian Studies, and core subjects that include Maths and English. If all of this sounds awesome to you, you can learn more about pre-university courses in Malaysia. The minimum requirement to enter a pre-U programme is five credits in SPM, with passes in Maths, History, English, and Bahasa Malaysia. Certain pathways like accounting or science require you to meet the specific grade in related subjects.
Turn on the news, and you’re bound to hear plenty of different stories about people getting hurt, injured, or worse through a multitude of different ways. No doubt, it’s easy to see that our world has become dangerous now more than ever, and that’s why it’s important to make sure you have the right kind of protection to keep you and your family safe and secure no matter what the tides might bring. For many in Malaysia, the answer lies in getting covered with a comprehensive personal insurance that will compensate them or their family. If you’re still on the fence about whether you should get a personal insurance in Malaysia, these 6 reasons will tell you why getting covered is the smartest move you can make.
- Flexible – Insurance providers understand that different people have different needs. The risks and dangers that are present in the life of a construction worker living in the city, for example, differ greatly from an office worker who goes home to the suburbs. That said, it’s possible to have a policy tailored just for you so that you only pay for coverage that you really need. This allows you to maximize your budget by availing of different features that you’re sure to be able to benefit from in the future.
- Comprehensive – You might think that the coverage you get at work is more than enough to keep you aptly protected, but any insurance provided by an employer is a generalized policy that doesn’t really cover you against a lot of threats. Often, the insurance provided by your employer will only provide protections against a few minor dangers like illness and injury. But in the case of death, you shouldn’t expect to get anything to compensate your family. That’s why it’s ideal to avail of your own individual personal insurance to have all the different aspects of your life properly protected.
- Affordable – Many hear the word ‘premium’, and they automatically think they need to pay thousands just to keep their coverage. But that’s not actually the case. Insurance coverage isn’t as expensive as you think. Depending on the kind of policy you get, you can enjoy lower premiums. If you go out of your way to reduce the risk in your life, your insurance provider might even slash off some of the cost as a result of the reduced danger.
- Convenient – If you thought you could only make a claim if you get injured, get sick, or die, then you thought wrong. Depending on the kind of policy you’ve purchased, you can get a cash out when your coverage matures, which can span anywhere from 5, 10, or 15 years. If the policy holder is alive when the coverage reaches its maturity, you are entitled to a hefty sum of money which can be used to pay for education, housing, or any other personal expenses you may have lined up.
- For Everyone – When you buy personal insurance even just for yourself, members of your family will be included in your coverage as well. Aside from the fact that they will be the main beneficiary in case of death, they also get their own coverage as an extended feature of your own policy. If you want to beef up their plan, you have the option to do so at your own discretion.
- Discounts – If you’re already paying for health insurance, property insurance, and auto insurance, getting personal insurance from the same provider will grant you access to attractive discounts that will significantly reduce your monthly premiums. This way, you won’t only enjoy comprehensive coverage for all the aspects of your life, you’ll also get to experience the benefits of protection at a reduced cost . Personal insurance shouldn’t be optional, so be sure to get covered today. Step out of your fears, live without worry, and keep your loved ones protected by getting a comprehensive personal insurance policy and investing in the right kind of security.