Hosting a web server for mid-size companies is an integral part of business growth. This can be challenging because a web server of any company needs to be assured that it’s fully functioning at all times. Server colocation is simply a way of preparing a full-fledged server together with its software and hardware, and installing it in a data centre with all its essential facilities and infrastructure. Hence a server colocation is vital where companies want something more than just web hosting to streamline its services. Here are a few server colocation tips to get you started on the right track.
1) Know your server requirements. You need first to consider the essential requirements needed to setup the web server with all its components. The number of server units, type of server operating system, RAID hard drives, Database and RAM requirements is some of the big factors you need to choose wisely. Determine the most important components your web server needs before you even think of a colocation service. This way, you’ll be on the right track to finding a reputable web server that can cater for all your needs.
2) Look for an adequate power backup facility. It is important to ensure the service provider you’re working with has an adequate power backup system. Failure to observe this can cause a fatal downtime error due to power failure, which any company can’t afford to risk.
3) Choose a Firewall and WPN service which supports remote connectivity. Make sure the server colocation service you’re about to work with backup your server with a convenient Firewall and VPN facility. Price will often vary depending on the number of rules articulated, like whether their VPN supports remote coverage or not.
4) Check for emergency data backup size and frequency. The company you’re using should offer adequate data backup storage and perform data backup check-ups frequently. Data backup is a crucial task; hence you need to ensure the company has sufficient space to render that particular purpose.
5) Consider the number of load balancing servers. When a site’s traffic continues to increase, it’s important to have some balancing servers which control the massive workload. Make sure the number of load balancing servers you choose can serve the needs of clients efficiently, even as their numbers multiply.
6) Look for high bandwidth with strong burstable bandwidth provision. In fact, this is among the most prime areas you need to be more vigilant on all the time. Depending on your site’s traffic and the kinds of services rendered by your site, bandwidth size may vary. Always choose sufficient bandwidth specs with a strong burstable bandwidth provision.
7) Search for an effective IP monitoring facility. One of the top web server facilities to look out for is an IP monitoring system. This feature provides much enhanced security and provides you with a more versatile and convenient way to track site traffic.
All in all, server colocation is vital for any mid-size company that’s seeking a more efficient and reliable web hosting. Do some research first and think carefully of the requirements that can benefit your company before colocating your server. Around Malaysia, you can easily find a variety of reputable server colocation services tailored for your business needs. Give them a try sometime to experience fast and efficient web hosting that makes a huge difference.
Just starting to wear makeup? For first-time makeup users, it can be daunting when faced with so many makeup products at once. Start with the basics. As you get used to wearing makeup, you can then progress to other more advanced makeup products. These are the 10 basic things you must have first:
- Moisturiser Pick the ideal moisturiser that is suitable for your skin type.
- Primer Primer is important as it helps keep your makeup stay on all day and appear fresh without the need to reapply.
- Shade Choose the right shade of foundation to avoid looking like a clown. Pick something that matches your skin tone.
- Bronzer Bronzer is super essential, especially for contouring your face (and even your cleavage to make your breasts look bigger!). Also, a bronzer can give you a glow.
- Blush Pick the right shade of blush that matches your skin tone if you’re going for a natural look. You can go a little wild with a brighter shade.
- Lipstick Lipsticks are great as they come in various colours. Be adventurous and buy a few different shades for different occasions. Lipsticks can highlight the fullness of your lips, and an Elianto lipstick can do the trick.
- Lip liner If you’re using lipsticks, you’re going to need a lip liner to prevent your lipstick from bleeding and also to keep it on.
- Mascara Mascara is a lifesaver if you have thin eyelashes, and need to brighten up your eyes. Good mascara should be able to thicken and darken your eyelashes without irritating your eyes or needing to be reapplied.
- Eyeliner To make your eyes pop by adding the cat eye or Cleopatra look, eyeliner is a must-have item. There are so many eyeliner tricks that you can experiment with your eyeliner.
- Finishing powder Once you’ve applied everything on your face, it’s time to apply some finishing powder on your face to keep your makeup intact. A finishing powder also helps to brighten up your face.
If you’re the less fussy type, or have no time browsing through and getting all the different makeup products, you can also try buying a makeup starter kit. These starter kits are sold at major beauty stores and come in different packages and price range. Depending on your personal needs and budget, these kits can either be purchased online or offline.
There are still plenty of people who get confused between a fixed deposit and savings account. What are the differences? Basically, a fixed deposit is the type of account where a person deposited a fixed amount of money for a fixed period of time until maturity. A savings account is pretty much as the name suggests: an account where a person could deposit and save his or her money, minus a fixed amount or period. A fixed deposit is normally opened by individuals or organisations with a surplus of money and would like to grow the funds, while a savings account is usually opened by individuals who are salary earners or small traders. Each of these accounts has its own pros and cons:
- FIXED DEPOSIT ACCOUNT
• High interest rates – You’ll get higher interest rates with fixed deposits that you could earn compared to a savings account.
• Secured future – Depending on how long you’ve deposited your money and the bank that you’ve chosen, you can assume your future to be quite secure. The longer you leave the money, the more you’ll reap the reward once they reach the stage of maturity. A fat interest sum awaits you.
• Lower risks compared to other types of investments – Compared to other types of investments like stocks, of which you could lose the initial value of the funds that you’ve invested, a fixed deposit poses a low risk of you losing money.
• No inflation protection – There is no protection against inflation with a fixed deposit.
• No withdrawals allowed during the period – Once you’ve started depositing your money, you can no longer touch it until they reach the maturity stage, which could be months or years away. You’ll not be able to use the funds in case a financial crisis strikes.
• High interest rates have higher risks – While a high interest rate could earn you a fat amount of money, it could also mean that it comes with higher risks. Be careful when choosing the right bank for saving.
• Income tax – The interest on fixed deposits is considered to be an income and is therefore taxable.
- SAVINGS ACCOUNT
• Valuable earning potential – Though the interest rates of a savings account are much less compared to fixed deposits, it still gives you a valuable earning potential. Banks with lower overhead expenses tend to offer competitive rates.
• Daily interest compound – Certain banks compound your interest daily, which means your balance could grow faster compared to accounts with monthly or yearly interest compound.
• 24-hour access to funds – With a savings account, you can easily have access to your money anytime. This would be great in times of emergencies where you might need to use your money.
• Lower interest rate – Savings account generally pays lower interest rate.
• Monthly maintenances and bank charges – Certain banks will impose additional fees on your savings account. Different banks will also have different terms and monthly maintenance fees. Choose the one with no maintenance fees.
By distinguishing the pros and cons of each account, you’ll be able to figure out which one would effectively benefit you the most, whether you’re trying to achieve a short- or long-term financial goal. Depending on your goals, needs and financial situation, one of these accounts may be better than the other. However, both accounts are considered to be a fundamental tool when it comes to managing your finances, so choose wisely.
ITIL stands for Information Technology Infrastructure Library. It is a set of best practices in the constantly changing world of information technology (IT). In recent years, it has become an advantage for people who are involved not only in IT services but also in security and management. For IT professionals who plan to get an ITIL certification in Malaysia, here are some of its benefits that can help you grow your career.
ITIL Certification Benefits
- Better Salary Packages
IT is a technical field and many roles require a set of certifications. These certifications help you in getting not only a higher pay or better salary packages, but also in securing promotions. According to Payscale.com, an ITIL-certified program manager can earn between $63,275 and $122,554 .
- Improved Skills
This particular certification helps IT professionals add more value to their work, and produce better results easier and faster through the utilization of best practices. As a result, they become great assets to an organization and even more valuable in a highly competitive market.
- Advanced Roles
An ITIL certification gives an IT professional that much sought-after competitive edge. Apart from opening up opportunities for in-house promotions, it also provides bigger job prospects in both local and international companies. If you are planning to apply for overseas positions, an ITIL certification also make it easier for you to prove your expertise.
Be Part Of This Growing Demand
In the U.S. alone, almost 60 percent of 100 chief information officers (CIOs) surveyed said they have adopted the ITIL framework in their own organizations. There is a growing demand for ITIL-certified professionals around the world as more and more organizations adopt this framework. In the fast-changing world of IT, an ITIL certification can take your career to greater heights. Give yourself that competitive edge today.
— Sources: http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Skill=Information_Technology_Infrastructure_Library_(ITIL)/Salary https://www.simplilearn.com/11-reasons-to-get-itil-certification-article
Looking your best is every woman’s dream, which is why beauty enhancement is widely accepted nowadays. There are several ways to improve one’s appearance, and one of the most popular options is getting a Botox treatment.
Getting Botox injection is one of the easiest ways to achieve the beauty that you’ve been dreaming of. Botox can lift up your face and remove wrinkles left by muscle movement (such as the wrinkling of skin between your brows). The process is also fairly easy and lasts for only a few minutes. You will see the results in as little as two days, but you should be able to see the full effect in two weeks. At the second week mark, you can re-evaluate whether you need additional injections or not.
However, before rushing to get an injection at the nearest cosmetic clinic, you also need to understand that Botox has side effects that you need to be aware of. Here are the most common ones:
- Frozen face. Because Botox paralyzes your motion wrinkles, the muscles associated with it are also affected, which may cause muscle stiffness. It is therefore much tougher to create facial expressions, especially in the first several weeks; hence the term “frozen face”.
- Weakened muscles. Botox injection paralyzes the muscles, which in turn makes the muscles weaker. Weaker muscles are more prone to sagging, as compared to muscles that have not been subjected to Botox injections.
- Bruising, swelling and soreness. Bruising and swelling are possible for any type of injection. If a blood vessel is hit during injection, some of the blood will leak to the skin and muscle, causing a bruise. Bruising is frequently accommodated by soreness.
- Allergic reaction. The most common sign of allergic reaction is getting hives. Breathing difficulties and swelling of the face are also manifestations of an allergy to Botox.
- Spreading of the toxin to other parts of the body. Although not very common, there have been some instances when botulinum, the toxin contained in Botox, spread to other parts of the body, causing serious side effects. These include bladder control problems, blurring or loss of vision, chest pain, trouble breathing, headache and fever. If any of these happen to you, you must immediately seek the help of a doctor to prevent the side effects from escalating.
With every medical procedure that you undergo, whether it is for medical or cosmetic reasons, you always have to understand all the aspects of the treatment. This way, you will have a fair knowledge of what you’re doing and can therefore manage your expectations. It would also be helpful to inform the doctor performing the procedure of any medications you are taking so as to prevent adverse reactions in your body.