It’s the rainy season in Malaysia, and parents know that rainy days are two-edged swords: there’s time to stay indoors, do some long delayed chores, and have some family bonding, but the little ones are also prone to complain of boredom soon enough! We know the struggle, so we’ve rounded up five creative and fun activities for kids during rainy days:
- Board games. Board games are staple boredom-breakers. There are all sorts of board games that will fit the personality or interests of your kids. They’re also useful when you’re trying to teach certain skills or traits to them. Monopoly, Scrabble, Chess, and Battleship are just some of the board games you and your kids can play.
- Arts and crafts. Kids love arts. Crafty projects will keep your kids preoccupied and excited at the same time. There are tons of arts and crafts projects posted online. You can do scrapbooks, a family album, holiday decorations, gift cards, and many more! The list goes on, and all you have to do is to prepare the materials and you’re good to go!
- Indoor playgrounds. This one is a genius idea, and whoever thought of it should be blessed for all eternity. There are tons of indoor playground in Kuala Lumpur which cater to all ages. These playgrounds are a great alternative if your kids really want to have some physical activity. Plus, they get to interact with other kids as well.
- Bake! Baking is a really fun way to bond with your kids. You can bake pizzas, biscuits, and cakes, and you can also use your own recipe if you have one. The best thing about this you get to bond with your kids and eat the product of your hard work afterwards.
- Movies. If all else fails and you can’t find an indoor playground in Kuala Lumpur, thank the gods of childhood films for they’re here to save you. There are literally hundreds of animated films for kids that they’ll surely love. These films usually run for one hour to two, giving you plenty of time to do some chores on the side. These films also come with life lessons that your kids can benefit from. Just make sure that they don’t spend too much time in front of a screen, and that they’re several feet away from the TV.
There you go! These activities are your sure bets to keep any kid busy and happy during wet season. So don’t despair when the rainy days hit Malaysia. Consider these suggested activities above, and you’ll be guaranteed to have some fun memories to treasure down the road.