Looking for the perfect travel destination to take your family during the school holiday? Kuala Lumpur is one of the must-visit cities in Malaysia for a fun-filled family adventure, as there are plenty of incredible and family-friendly attractions that would delight practically everyone. These are the top five reasons to take that family adventure to Kuala Lumpur:
- Family-friendly hotels. There are so many family-friendly hotels to stay at in the city. A family-friendly hotel basically means a hotel that provides services and facilities that cater to children, such as baby cots, children’s beds, exclusive children club, playground, and children’s pool area. The best family-friendly hotels are the ones that have its own theme park, like the Nickelodeon Resort in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The Nickelodeon theme park is the first in Asia, featuring themes and beloved cartoon characters such as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Dora the Explorer, and SpongeBob SquarePants.
- Amazing entertainment infrastructures. There are various amazing entertainment infrastructures throughout Kuala Lumpur, be it outdoor or indoor. Some of the must-visit entertainment places your family would love are the Mega Kidz World in MidValley Megamall, Sunway Lagoon Theme Park, the IMAX Theatre at Berjaya Time Square, KLCC playground (with free water park for children), and the Berjaya Time Square Indoor Theme Park. Some of these places require an entrance fee, while others require a payment for each ride.
- Great and affordable food. Your trip will not be complete without savoring the special delights the city has to offer. Some of the must try delicacies while you’re in Kuala Lumpur include the oyster omelette in Lot 10, ikan bakar in Kampung Baru, ayam ponteh in Bukit Bintang, and banana leaf rice in Brickfields. If you’re interested in children-themed or kid-friendly restaurants, you can check out the Goodness Greens Café, Antipodean Café, Benbino, Gula Cakery, OldSchool, and Out of Africa.
- Educational and kid-friendly places. Your children should not only have the time of their life, but they should also learn a thing or two to make the family trip even more beneficial. There are several educational and children-friendly places that your kids would definitely love, including KidZania in Mutiara Damansara, Petrosains Discovery Centre in KLCC, and KLCC Aquarium. Each of these places offers facilities that make your trip easier as parents traveling with children.
- Lovely picnic locations. Although the city of Kuala Lumpur is filled with skyscrapers and modern architectures, there are still a few lush greeneries to be found within the big city. Some of the best and lovely picnic locations in the city include Taman Tasik Permaisuri, Tasik Titiwangsa, The Central Park, KLCC park, Forest Research Institute of Malaysia (FRIM), Taman Bukit Jalil, and Taman Botani Perdana.
Vacationing with your family could be a fun and incredible experience if you plan it carefully and ahead of time. Brainstorm your options and get everyone’s input. You should also define your budget for the entire trip to make each experience counts. Your budget should be enough to cover accommodation, entertainment, food, and transportation.
For the best deals, make your reservation as early as possible, particularly if you plan to make the trip during school holiday. Aside from planning to do activities as a family, you should also plan for activities that you can enjoy as a couple with your partner, if possible.