Christmas is around the corner, and what better time than now to start looking for the perfect gift for the special woman in your life! Christmas shopping and gifting can be a challenge sometimes, so the key is to know what the recipient’s main interest is. If your lady is into beauty products and loves to take good care of herself, you can help her enhance her beauty with these 10 beauty gift items that women over the age of 40 would love:
- Spa retreat
It’s not easy juggling life, work, and family. Any hardworking woman, whether she’s a stay-at-home mom or a working professional, would definitely love to be pampered at the spa. A typical spa retreat normally includes a body massage, a facial massage, sauna session, and additional beauty treatments.
- Organic hair care kit
As women age, their hair becomes thinner and drier, and this can get worse with constant use of chemical-laden hair products. Give your lady an organic hair care kit for a change.
- Red lipstick
Most women want to look sexy and alluring regardless of age. A red lipstick could add to their sex appeal while still looking classy and elegant.
- Facial highlighter
A highlighter could make one’s skin glow and contours their face. The best ones that nicely enhance the appearance are highlighters with a copper, gold or bronze tonality.
- 3-in-1 sunscreen
A 3-in-1 sunscreen is perfect for those with a busy schedule since it normally works as a makeup foundation, skin hydration, and UVA/UVB rays protection. A good 3-in-1 sunscreen can lighten your blemishes, get absorbed fast, even out your skin tone, doesn’t make your skin oily, and won’t tan your skin.
- Anti wrinkle cream
An anti wrinkle cream is one of the most popular beauty must-haves among women over 40. This cream is typically high in Retinol and antioxidants content. The combination of both fights aging signs and neutralizes free radicals that contribute to wrinkle developments. Try the Extra-Firming Night Rejuvenating Cream by Clarins, which is suitable for all skin types.
- Collagen capsule/supplement
Another popular beauty product among women over 40 is a collagen capsule/supplement. This product can boost their appearance and health in various ways, which include improving hair growth, reducing wrinkles, lines, and cellulite; relieving arthritic pain; promoting injury healing; and improving blood circulation.
- Brow kit
One of the best benefits of owning a brow kit is that you don’t have to spend too much money and time to visit a beauty parlor, since you can shape and wax your own brows at the comfort of your home. A brow kit usually contains a primer, brow pencil, highlight and lift pencil, brow mapping tool, brow wax, and a mini guide booklet.
- Designer soaps
If your special lady loves luxury items, gift her a box of designer soaps. Designer soaps are scented with a special fragrant – signature of the brand, and are normally wrapped in luxurious packaging.
- Skincare gift set
A skincare set allows your lady to care and pamper her skin. If she travels often for work or for leisure, get one that is travel-size to maintain great skin on-the-go.
Any of these useful beauty products will please the special lady. To make shopping for gifts a lot easier, try some window shopping online to find the best deals you can find. Most brands offer an even greater deal on their own online stores (or other online retail stores carrying the brands), particularly during the holiday season.
Just starting to wear makeup? For first-time makeup users, it can be daunting when faced with so many makeup products at once. Start with the basics. As you get used to wearing makeup, you can then progress to other more advanced makeup products. These are the 10 basic things you must have first:
- Moisturiser Pick the ideal moisturiser that is suitable for your skin type.
- Primer Primer is important as it helps keep your makeup stay on all day and appear fresh without the need to reapply.
- Shade Choose the right shade of foundation to avoid looking like a clown. Pick something that matches your skin tone.
- Bronzer Bronzer is super essential, especially for contouring your face (and even your cleavage to make your breasts look bigger!). Also, a bronzer can give you a glow.
- Blush Pick the right shade of blush that matches your skin tone if you’re going for a natural look. You can go a little wild with a brighter shade.
- Lipstick Lipsticks are great as they come in various colours. Be adventurous and buy a few different shades for different occasions. Lipsticks can highlight the fullness of your lips, and an Elianto lipstick can do the trick.
- Lip liner If you’re using lipsticks, you’re going to need a lip liner to prevent your lipstick from bleeding and also to keep it on.
- Mascara Mascara is a lifesaver if you have thin eyelashes, and need to brighten up your eyes. Good mascara should be able to thicken and darken your eyelashes without irritating your eyes or needing to be reapplied.
- Eyeliner To make your eyes pop by adding the cat eye or Cleopatra look, eyeliner is a must-have item. There are so many eyeliner tricks that you can experiment with your eyeliner.
- Finishing powder Once you’ve applied everything on your face, it’s time to apply some finishing powder on your face to keep your makeup intact. A finishing powder also helps to brighten up your face.
If you’re the less fussy type, or have no time browsing through and getting all the different makeup products, you can also try buying a makeup starter kit. These starter kits are sold at major beauty stores and come in different packages and price range. Depending on your personal needs and budget, these kits can either be purchased online or offline.
Looking your best is every woman’s dream, which is why beauty enhancement is widely accepted nowadays. There are several ways to improve one’s appearance, and one of the most popular options is getting a Botox treatment.
Getting Botox injection is one of the easiest ways to achieve the beauty that you’ve been dreaming of. Botox can lift up your face and remove wrinkles left by muscle movement (such as the wrinkling of skin between your brows). The process is also fairly easy and lasts for only a few minutes. You will see the results in as little as two days, but you should be able to see the full effect in two weeks. At the second week mark, you can re-evaluate whether you need additional injections or not.
However, before rushing to get an injection at the nearest cosmetic clinic, you also need to understand that Botox has side effects that you need to be aware of. Here are the most common ones:
- Frozen face. Because Botox paralyzes your motion wrinkles, the muscles associated with it are also affected, which may cause muscle stiffness. It is therefore much tougher to create facial expressions, especially in the first several weeks; hence the term “frozen face”.
- Weakened muscles. Botox injection paralyzes the muscles, which in turn makes the muscles weaker. Weaker muscles are more prone to sagging, as compared to muscles that have not been subjected to Botox injections.
- Bruising, swelling and soreness. Bruising and swelling are possible for any type of injection. If a blood vessel is hit during injection, some of the blood will leak to the skin and muscle, causing a bruise. Bruising is frequently accommodated by soreness.
- Allergic reaction. The most common sign of allergic reaction is getting hives. Breathing difficulties and swelling of the face are also manifestations of an allergy to Botox.
- Spreading of the toxin to other parts of the body. Although not very common, there have been some instances when botulinum, the toxin contained in Botox, spread to other parts of the body, causing serious side effects. These include bladder control problems, blurring or loss of vision, chest pain, trouble breathing, headache and fever. If any of these happen to you, you must immediately seek the help of a doctor to prevent the side effects from escalating.
With every medical procedure that you undergo, whether it is for medical or cosmetic reasons, you always have to understand all the aspects of the treatment. This way, you will have a fair knowledge of what you’re doing and can therefore manage your expectations. It would also be helpful to inform the doctor performing the procedure of any medications you are taking so as to prevent adverse reactions in your body.
People with skin pigmentation problems have been actively looking for a good solution over the years. This is true particularly for Asians. Skin whitening cream has become a popular product sold not only in physical shops but in online shops as well. However, recent studies reveal that old ingredients used in skin whitening products carry a huge risk of cancer. If you need to buy a whitening cream, there are things that you need to know first in order to ensure your health and safety.
Here are some things that you should consider before buying a whitening cream product:
Not all skin types give the same positive reaction to skin whitening cream products. Our genes play a big role in this. Some people don’t have the genetic disposition to react to skin whitening cream. In order to maximize the benefits of skin whitening, consult a dermatologist and determine your skin type. This way, you will be able to know which product will give you the result that you want.
- Watch out for adverse side effects such as rashes.
Test in a small area first before fully applying the whitening cream on your skin. This is to determine if this is the right product for you. Many people immediately use skin whitening products on their whole body, only to find out later that they are allergic to one or more of the ingredients. No matter how expensive the product, a safety test is always necessary.
- Take a look at the ingredients used in the product.
Aside from meladerm and glutathione, make sure that your skin whitening products have the essential vitamins and nutrients that will keep it healthy. Take your time comparing them and research about the ones that don’t match. What are the known effects of such ingredients? Is there enough information about them online? Are these ingredients really safe for your skin? If the answer is no, then it’s time to move on to the next product.
- Choose a skin whitening product that is produced by reputable companies.
Many people choose whitening products produced by shady companies without thinking about the possible repercussions. If you buy a whitening cream manufactured by a reputable company, it can definitely work to your advantage. This is to make sure that you can express your concern directly to their customer support service or file a legal complaint against them in case something goes wrong after using the product. Also, when you choose known brands, chances are there are tons of people who have tried it. You can therefore find reviews and get feedback from them.
Having a fairer skin is getting easier and easier nowadays. Scientific breakthroughs make it possible to lighten your skin tone without having to undergo various medical procedures, and without having to spend huge amounts of money.
However, getting a fairer skin should be done without sacrificing your safety and health. Before paying for the skin whitening product, make sure that you understand not only the benefits but also all of the risks involved in using it. This way, you can enjoy exposing your skin instead of covering it up because of unforeseen side effects that could have been prevented if you just took your time to study the product.
The skin is one of the most delicate parts of the body. Ironically, it’s the most damaged part of the body by environmental factors and irritants. In fact, 80 percent of skin damage is linked to the ultraviolet rays of the sun.
Being aware of what products work better together is important. Also, you should also know the benefits these skin care products have for the skin. In the beauty market today, there are a lot of products that promise all the same things – radiant, glowing and flawless skin. However, with the immense number of products, people become confused on which ones are really important.
To make it easier for you, this is a rundown of the most important skin care essentials to help you achieve a healthy and radiant skin. If you have built this skin care routine, your skin will become healthy and well-nourished.
Guide To An Effective Skin Care Routine
It is important to clean the face with a gentle and oil-removing cleanser. There are many cleansers in the market available for those with various skin types. You can find skin care online in Malaysia that offers different cleansers with various ingredients.
A cleanser is a gentle, water-soluble skin care product that gets rid of debris, oil and makeup. It cleanses deep in the pores to remove dirt and prevent the occurrence of acne.
Toners are as much important as other skin care products because it’s designed and formulated to make the skin smooth, soft and clean. At the same time, it works by removing the last traces of makeup and dirt that were not removed by the cleanser. Toners contain skin-repairing ingredients to hydrate the skin and at the same time, keep the pores at bay.
Exfoliants help remove dead skin cells. It will allow new and healthier skin to emerge. The sun can damage the skin that is why it becomes thick as dead skin cells collect on the epidermis. Exfoliants help remove these cells, helping treat clogged pores, wrinkles and uneven skin tone. These skin care products can also remove blackheads and other skin impurities.
- Moisturizer And Anti-Aging Products
Keeping the skin hydrated is important to make sure it receives ample nourishment and moisture. Having dry skin may lead to various skin problems. On the other hand, anti-aging products help rejuvenate the skin while battling the premature signs of skin aging such as wrinkles, fine lines and crow’s feet.
This is one of the most important skin care products to have today. The skin is constantly exposed to the harmful rays of the sun. Hence, it is important to apply sunblock or sunscreen before going out. This helps protect the skin from the negative effects of sun exposure.
Creating your own beauty regimen and routine with the right type of products is important to make sure your skin receives adequate nourishment. When the skin is hydrated and nourished, it becomes healthy. It will be free from major skin problems like acne, blemishes, pigmentation and wrinkles. The wide range of skin care online in Malaysia offers a wide spectrum of products for any skin type. You will surely find the products that will best suit your skin needs. At the same time, you can compare the benefits of one product to another, making your regiment perfect for you.
If your skin breaks out routinely during your menstrual cycle, you are not alone. Many women experience menstrual acne each month along with other unpleasant premenstrual symptoms like bloating, cramps and moodiness. Here is a closer look at what creates these breakouts and how to effectively treat menstrual acne.
Most menstrual cycles last 28 days, and menstrual acne will usually flare up around seven to 10 days before the start of a woman’s period. This is due to the different hormone levels within a woman’s system during the menstrual cycle. For example, the main hormone during the first half of the cycle is estrogen while progesterone takes dominance during the second half of the cycle. Once your period starts, both hormones drop to their lowest levels of the cycle.
The challenge for your skin comes when progesterone is at its peak and causes an increase in sebum production. Sebum is the skin’s natural lubricant, but it is thick and oily. For some women, sebum creates a healthy glow However, for many women it creates a skin problem as the extra sebum builds up under the skin’s surface. At this point, the extra oil promotes acne breakouts and skin inflammation.
What You Can Do to Help
Because menstrual acne is caused by the hormones within your cycle, the issue is an internal problem and not a hygiene issue. The good news is that there are several things you can do to make your menstrual acne less problematic.
1. Keep your skin as clean as possible. Be sure to routinely cleanse your face with a quality skin care system. If you need to find suitable skin care products, you can buy skincare online in Malaysia.
2. Try not to touch your face with your hands. You might be surprised how much dirt and bacteria can end up on your face when you constantly touch it.
3. Clean your cell phone. Just like your hands, your cell phone also attracts a lot of bacteria. Cleaning your phone regularly will especially help to keep the skin on your jaw and chin dirt-free.
4. If you smoke, cut down on cigarettes or quit altogether. Smoking aggravates any kind of acne, including menstrual acne.
- If you are overweight, eating a healthy diet and exercising will help. In addition, drink plenty of water and increase your daily intake of fruits and vegetables to help control skin breakouts as well as your overall weight.
By taking good care of your body and reducing the amount of dirt and oil on your face, you are well on your way to fighting monthly breakouts. However, if your menstrual acne is fairly severe each month, you may want to visit a dermatologist or an ob-gyn. A physician may suggest that you take birth control pills to raise the estrogen levels in your system or another medication to control your hormone levels. In the long run, you can control menstrual acne successfully with consistent effort.